It has been long since I have published the previous post to this blog. I switched from Spacemacs to Emacs (with my own configuration) more than one month ago, and also made some changes to the theme for this blog, but didn't finish configuration for actual writing. I didn't like my previous configuration for Hugo, because I found it unnecessarily complicated after I learned a little more about Emacs. I could finally simplify my configuration for Hugo, so I will describe the new recipe in this post.
When I started this blog, I used Typora for writing blog posts, but then I started using Emacs (Spacemacs) for both programming and writing. This blog is powered by Hugo, and you can use it by running commands on a terminal emulator, but it is not elegant. I found a recipe that integrates Hugo into Emacs, borrowed some of its ideas and code, and implemented my own solution. This blog post describes my integration.
Recently, I have upgraded the theme for this blog. Upgrading a theme for your Hugo site At first, I used git subtree to add a theme to my Hugo site, but it turned out that it would not work properly. That is, it undesirably brings all of the history of your installed theme to your Hugo site. It was my mistake. To add a theme to a Hugo site, you should just use git clone, as described in the official tutorial.
I started this blog yesterday. I had always felt a need for a public space where I could share what I learn, but for some reasons, I had procrastinated it. I could finally overcome the gap, so I will describe the process in this post. One of the reasons I could not get started with blogging is tooling. As for hosting solutions, WordPress seems too complicated for my need, and Medium does not provide a way to export a whole site.